Monday, April 9, 2012

Slightly inspired

OK
 Maybe not so inspired but at least it got me out of doing the dishes. 
I promise that the colour looks better in real life.
What is really good about this refashion of a dated jumper is that I have just rescued it from the huge pile destined for a trip to the op shop.
Originally the top was bought with this sort of idea in mind but what happens to so many of my ideas also happened to it. It got hidden amongst all the rest of the garments that were bought secondhand so as to be refashioned.
I finally got tired of the huge pile. I had no idea what was in there and we have just received a no-fault termnation of our rental premises set to take place in about three months.
So it was either cull everything again or move huge unknown piles to the next place.I chose thw first option as the last move nearly killed me and I want this one to be easier.
Then tonight, while reading this post over on the Re-Fashion Co-op I got back enough mojo to actually do something.
A quick cut up the centre, some complimentary lace zigzagged on and I have a new cardi.
Maybe I'll hang on tho those bags for a couple more weeks and see what else pops out before I take them back.

 I didn't realise when I cut the jumper that it had a button closure in the back. 
But really, you would have to be a contortionist to know that my new top has an opening in both the front and back! 
         
```````````````````

 And here is my wee helper.
 He's not deep in thought, just enjoy off cuts from the sour dough bread.
Nearly as good as chicken.

3 comments:

  1. I love seeing clothes refashioned and yours is no exception.
    What a pain you have to move again so soon. It must be very tiring physically and mentally having to move house again.
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great cardi now, love what youve done. I cant believe youre moving! We will have so much in common to talk about when we meet again.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, the piles of clothes to be repurposed.... Don't start me on that. Good for you to get something done, that jumper looks nice.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for your kind thoughts. I appreciate and read everyone even though at times I may not be well enough to reply. Thankyou.