Thursday, July 19, 2012

Corners of the garden

We have been in our new abode for just over a month now. 
I am enjoying the way that old things can look good in their new environment. 
You will notice that we have a short fence. That means my 81 year old neighbour can come out and enjoy a chitchat while we peg the washing on.
According to my Mr Google's references the house was probably built just after the war and is a Streamline Moderne crossed with a little suburban box house. 
When I went looking with his prompting I found lots of art-deco features:
port hole windows, a symmetrical front with rounded corners and the correct cornices and original art deco door plates.
Rooms have been modified and added on over time and the horrible plastic wall covering attached to the exterior but this new to us house is still very appealing.




PS No sewing has been attempted except the hemming of the new shower curtain.

2 comments:

  1. The outdoor area of your new house looks lovely. I'm sure you will enjoy sitting out there with a cuppa when you have time.
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Overall, moving can be quite stressful but making a home your own is the nice side of it. I'm sure you will soon have your place as lovely and cheery as the last one. The potted plants are a nice touch.
    Tagging you for the meme on my blog but only if you want to of course. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for your kind thoughts. I appreciate and read everyone even though at times I may not be well enough to reply. Thankyou.